Disclosure: OXO sent me a package of their products in exchange for this recipe and blog post. All opinions are 100% my own and I do indeed adore OXO products. This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Butterscotch Cookies are a family favorite around here. I made these to sell at the farmers’ market in 2010 and they are also a big hit. People would come just to buy the famous butterscotch cookies.
These cookies couldn’t be any simpler. I mean, it is basically a chocolate chip cookie with butterscotch chips substituted for chocolate.
I made these cookies for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a non-profit committed to raising funds for research to develop new, improved treatments for pediatric cancer. This organization was started by two OXO employees and you can read more about their story and this inspiring organization.
When I was a farmers' market vendor, these cookies were my best seller! You can substitute the butterscotch chips for chocolate, cinnamon, mint or peanut butter chips. You can also use nuts or dried fruit. Just make sure whatever combo you use, it adds up to 2 cups.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer.
- Alternatively you can place in a stand mixer and beat with a beater blade.
- Add vanilla, egg, salt and baking soda and cream together until completely incorporated.
- Mix in flour until the dough is stiff. Mix in the butterscotch chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough onto a cookie sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let cool for a minute before transferring onto a cooling rack with a cookie spatula or other spatula.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information.
ahu @ ahueats
Thursday 25th of September 2014
Wow, never had these but they look great !