I unofficially declare June popsicle month, considering I’ve already made 3 different flavors and it’s not even a week into June. First up: Cherry Lime Popsicles! They are sweet and very sour (in a good way!)
You know what has been making these popsicle creations easier to make? OXO’s Fruit Tools. Seriously. How did I ever live without a cherry pitter? Thankfully I never have to know that torture again and can now pit as many cherries as I want.
Cherry Lime Popsicles
The perfect blend of sweet and sour in a cool treat perfect for Summer!
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups cherries
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- In a sauce pan, combine the water and honey.
- Heat on medium-high while stirring until most of the honey has disintegrated.
- Some foam might occur, stir and set aside.
- Pit the cherries and juice the lime.
- Combine in a food processor and the water and honey mixture.
- Process until smooth and almost no cherry pieces remain.
- Pour into cup or a popsicle mold and add wooden sticks.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove from molds using hot water along the outside.
- Enjoy or store in freezer.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information.
Top Ten Recipes of 2013 » Sweet Remedy
Friday 3rd of January 2014
[…] 5. Cherry Lime Popsicles with Honey […]
7 Healthier Summer Popsicle Recipes - life by dailyburn
Thursday 1st of August 2013
[...] Cherry-Lime Popsicles Look no further for a sub-LIME-ly delish popsicle recipe that requires just four antioxidant-packed [...]
L'été = popsicles
Friday 21st of June 2013
[...] Une touche sucrée et acidulée pour se rafraîchir. C’est exactement ce que le blogue Sweet Remedy propose. Des popsicles aux cerises, limes avec une touche de [...]
Sweet Remedy Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream with Almond Milk » Sweet Remedy
Thursday 20th of June 2013
[...] these seemingly pointless tools from OXO like this Strawberry Huller and the previously mentioned Cherry Pitter makes doing these annoying kitchen tasks more fun. Both of these products also save you fruit. [...]
Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen
Thursday 13th of June 2013
These sound perfect for the hot summer ahead!