I’m not completely sure what to call these bad boys. Are they cookies? Are they truffles? I don’t really care!
Whatever you call them, they are extremely addictive and I can’t get enough of them.
I had these last year at a Christmas party so when I first read this recipe I never would have guessed they were made with vanilla wafers.
I was a little thrown off by that ingredient but after making them myself and eating them, I remembered one of my favorite childhood snacks, Nutty Bars!
Have you ever had those Nutty Bars by Little Debbie? They taste exactly like that!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
These chocolate peanut butter balls are no bake and incredibly easy to make!
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 5 packets (envelopes) of hot cocoa mix
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar-divided
- Crush the vanilla wafers with a food processor or by hand in a plastic bag.
- Whisk cocoa mix w/ hot water till smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter and corn syrup until blended.
- Blend in 1 cup powdered sugar and the crushed wafers until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls and cover w/ remaining powdered sugar.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- To crush the vanilla wafers you can put them in a food processor and blend or you can place the wafers in a plastic bag and crush by hand or with a rolling pin.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information.
Tuesday 24th of January 2012
Happy National Peanut Butter Day!
Sunday 22nd of January 2012
These sound marvelous. How much cocoa is in an envelope - about a tablespoon?
Thursday 26th of January 2012
I opened up a package of cocoa to check for you, about 1/4 of a cup.
Wednesday 18th of January 2012
Nice PB balls. I would call them truffles and they look delicious!! Great job. J