Oats (Lots of oats), dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts, pecans, and coconut. Toss in oil & honey, spread along two baking sheets and bake. Easy and crazy delicious.
The setting: Saturday evening, at 9 pm.
The craving: granola for my Sunday morning cereal. It wasn’t too late so I went for it.
I found a generic granola recipe and sized up my pantry. I’m missing at least 3 ingredients. Do I care? Not really.
While this was baking the smell reached the living room and I was content that I had no other prospects for the evening.
Nothing to do usually translates to me in the kitchen. Eating granola straight off the baking sheet was not my most brilliant idea. I’d still do it again.
Granola with milk poured over it or in yogurt is even better!
Let me know if you gave it a try in the comments!
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, and coconut.
- In a small pot over medium heat, stir together the oil and honey.
- Cook and stir until blended.
- Pour over the oat mixture, and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread out in an even layer on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the oats and nuts are toasted.
- Immediately after it comes out of the oven, stir in the raisins and dried cranberries.
- Let stand until cooled, and stir again to break up any large clusters.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 7gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information.